JOIN MY MERRY GANG OF FRIENDS

Saturday 23 July 2011

Action packed art weekend in Oxford

Just had a wonderful two days at Waterperry Gardens,Oxford UK, Art In Action event. There are hundreds of artists there of every style you can think of. Lots of them demonstrating their craft. I attended a fabric printing workshop (£6 including materials - bargain) by Jo Dixon Textile Artist. My sister did a bling ring workshop, she made two rings from wire, beads and pieces of slate, again £6.
I could take my printed fabric piece further by adding layers and stitch, then possibly use as a book cover, cut up for cards or just keep as a sample piece. I'm quite interested in doing more printing on paper and fabric then working into it. In November I have booked on a Dionne Swift printing workshop in Huddersfield. www.dionneswift.co.uk. Her style is contemporary with lovely subtle colours. Bought one of these fun toys for our wedding anniversary its called LOVE AMONG THE FLOWERS

FABRIC PRINTING SAMPLE
  www.artinaction.org.uk/ 


Links to my other blogs and photo's
http://www.lynnholland-photography.com
http://handembroidery.ning.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lynnyholly
www.folksy.com/shops/lynnyholly 

2 comments:

  1. I've managed to miss it again this year (must make a note of it in my 2012 diary!). Glad to hear you've enjoyed it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn,
    You left me a wonderful compliment regarding my sketching style which prompted me to come to your page and look around. How Ironic that I run art therapy workshops and it looks as if yyou do the same. I love your cute spoon project. perhaps we can share more ideas? Go to my blog and at the top you'll see a tab for my workshops. there you'll see one of the workshops I run. As you look through my blog you'll see my mixed media art, which is a world apart from my sketching. that address is: http://www.mixthemedia247.blogspot.com I do hope you'll click become a follower; or follow. I plan on following your blog so I can check out what you're doing from time to time--GREAT stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete